What goes into a dropshipping store? Ever wonder as a consumer how legit ecommerce sellers go about sourcing product?
The Top 10 Rules for a successful dropshipping ecommerce website:
- Find a *quality* product. Spend the time scouring through pages of product listings.
- Check store reviews (of the manufacturer/reseller).
- Fact-check product; is it WHAT it is promoted to be?
- Look for certificates of quality. Make sure lot #'s match. *Certain products matter more than others.
- Check prices. Import product - and check variants making sure there is *QTY to sell. Be sure to price fair and accordingly based upon what the product is.
- Write ACCURATE product content for your customers.
- If your customer receives something different.....Raise hell with the *manufacturer and INSIST on them getting it right. *I am referring to international manufacturers. Not everyone responds well to a direct approach but since this is my reputation on the line, I don't mess around. I stay on top of issues until they are resolved and then I write off the supplier. This method has worked with my stores.......I've received extended product protection and issues get fixed.
- Check with customers to double-check they have received their product. Ask for product reviews.
- If they are happy with product, keep it. If they aren't, drop supplier depending on the number of satisfied customers. See #7.
- It's YOUR customer's experience that will result in a repeat and happy customer who may (or may not) give you a good review so be sure to get it right.
If you are going to work with a website designer who is going to design such a store......be sure you work with someone who thinks like me OR is me.